Request for Proposal Deadline: March 15, 2012
REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL: Serving Our Community (SOC) Award
Events by Design, Inc., a full-service event management and marketing agency is announcing the launch of its corporate social responsibility program for 2012 and requesting proposals to extend event management pro-bono services*, to non-profit 501(c)(3) organizations.
With more than fifteen years of experience in the event management industry, Vinodhini “Vinnu” Kudva, President/CEO of Events by Design (EBD) believes in giving back to the community and has a passion for the empowerment, enhancement and growth of giving organizations the tools to serve the community.
EBD understands that many non-profit organizations have limited access to resources especially those generally performed by consultants and therefore we are proud and eager to assist as an expert in full-service event planning, management and coordination.
EBD will select one non-profit organization that best meets the selection criteria below.
CRITERIA FOR SOC AWARD PROPOSAL APPLICANTS
To be eligible for consideration of the Award, an applicant:
- Must be a non-profit, 501(c)(3) organization.
- Host an event which takes place in 3rd or 4th quarter of 2012 or 1st quarter of 2013 with the planning process to begin no later than May 1, 2012.
- Host an event which takes place in the Washington, DC metro area.
- Obtain appropriate liability and event insurance.
- Have one point of contact that will coordinate EBD’s efforts with the organization’s staff and volunteers.
- Have financial resources to pay for event production costs such as food, beverages, venue, and audio/visual.
The final selection will be based on the following criteria:
- Can the non-profit quantify the impact of the event?
- Do the event’s objectives meet the organization’s mission?
- How the event will impact the organization?
- Does the event increase the organization’s network of financial support or circle of influence?
PRO BONO SERVICES OFFERED*
*Pro-bono services only include consultative and event-day coordination. All production and printing costs are the responsibility of the selected non-profit. All discounts offered by vendors will be passed through to the non-profit. Charities must directly contract with vendors. Award recipient undertakes to indemnify Events by Design from any and all liability, loss, or damage Events by Design may suffer as a result of claims, demands, costs, or judgments against indemnitee arising from planning and managing the awarded event. Award recipient will allow EBD to promote the organization and the event in press releases, website, or any other promotional material.
HOW TO APPLY
The deadlines are as follows.
Application due: March 15, 2012
Finalist Interview**: March 21, 2012
Award Notification**: March 23, 2012
**The dates above are subject to change based on request for additional information by the Review Committee
An organization may submit one proposal per event. In any given year, an organization may receive one SOC Award.
Complete an application and provide the following information: (single-spaced typed narrative proposal of no more than three pages)
- Organization Information: Organization’s Mission Statement, history, achievements. This can include any marketing material (e.g. Brochures, event flyers and/or handouts)
- Event Information: Name and description of the event that Events by Design, Inc. will be assisting with to include any existing documents, flyers, brochures, timelines, etc.
- History of the event (may include past programs, pictures, timelines, budget, etc.)
- Accurate budget for the event
- Organization’s I-9 certificate
- Expectations of Events by Design as far as the role we will play and what area of the event will need our attention
Proposal must be accompanied by the signed cover letter that is page two of this document and mailed to:
Events by Design, Inc.
Attn: SOC Award Review Committee
PO Box 650514 | Potomac Falls, VA 20165-0514 | Fax: 703.485.3427 firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications received or post marked after the deadline or incomplete will not be accepted.
For more information, contact Kristy Fowler at 703.579.1496 or via email email@example.com.